Sunday, September 26, 2010

Buttermilk Syrup

Latley, I have been praying for patience.  Lucky for me, when I pray for patience, I am inevitably given reasons to be patient.  Over the last 24 hours I have been woken up 4 times, cleaned up 7 nasty messes, and went through church, husbandless, with a screaming, teething baby.  And I didn't yell once.  I even still want to make this sweet treat for my family, because even though I do need to pray for patience, I love them.

Buttermilk Syrup

1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon baking soda

In large saucepan (make sure it is big enough to accommodate the syrup foaming when the baking soda is added), combine butter, buttermilk, and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring regularly.
Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and baking soda (it will foam up at this point.) It is now ready to serve over pancakes, waffles, or ice cream.
Keeps for at least a couple weeks if you can manage to not use it all up quicker.

2 comments:

Jana Howard said...

Ash, This is the best syrup EVER!! My young woman leader used to make this for us. I LOVE THIS Syrup!!! So yummy!

Susan Payton said...

Just blogging around this evening, because it is just like visiting different people. Everyone has something different to read and offer. Now you made me hungry with this delicious looking food.
Thank you for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://www.squidoo.com/saving-money-on-your-electric-bill

Related Posts with Thumbnails