Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cherry Chip Cookies

This is a very different cookie. When I bought this magazine a year and a half ago I had never heard of or seen cherry baking chips. But lo and behold, one day a few months ago I actually found them in the grocery store. Naturally, I had to buy them just so I could try these cookies. The cookie itself is really tasty, but the verdict is still out on the cherry chips themselves. It might just be that I'm not expecting that taste in a chip or a cookie, but I'm not sure. They are really pretty and definitely worth a try! Enjoy!
Cherry Chip Cookies
by Joan-Marie Gerth from Taste of Home Best Loved Cookies and Bars 2008

1 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg yolk

1 teaspoon almond extract

2 1/4 cups flour

3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup cherry baking chips
Additional sugar
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and almond extract; mix well. Combine the flour, cornflakes, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
Shape into 1-inch balls; place 2-inches apart on greased baking sheets. Coat bottom of glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar (I skipped this step). Flatten cookies with prepared glass, redipping in sugar as needed. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen

1 comment:

Lisa Pitt said...

Cherry chips sounds interesting, and kind of scary at the same time, lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails