Saturday, June 5, 2010

Basic Dinner Rolls

And here's the third from my 100 Things list. Dinner rolls. Yes, that may seem boring, but I have never been good at yeast, and I've always wanted to be able to make some rolls to go with dinner. To be honest, I wasn't totally thrilled with this recipe. I'm not sure if it was the ingredients or what, but the texture was slightly off and the taste was a little bit bland. They were very easy and fast though, so if you want some practice with yeast, this is a good recipe to try. Click here for the link to the recipe.

1 comment:

Taylor Kowallis said...

I love dinner rolls... so yummy!! So, our family has a tradition of every Friday is Pizza Friday and a movie... I home-make the pizza of course and thought you might want my pizza dough recipe! Its soooo delicious and super super easy! Takes 5 minutes to make and you dont have to let it rise! So good! Just kneed then roll out and cook!

1 pack active dry yeast
1 tbsp heaping honey
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup warm water
1 tsp garlic salt
pepper to taste
3 cups flour

mix all ingredients together except flour. Stir. Then add flour and kneed!

You HAVE to have a pizza stone if you want homemade pizzas to turn out good but Im sure you know that ;)

475 degrees for 8-10 mins = yum!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails