Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Chocolate Love

Chocolate Love is I'm pretty sure the same thing that people call Robert Redford in a Pan.  It's one of Brett's favorite desserts, and so I decided to make it for him for father's day.  It's kind of hard to take pictures of, and isn't very pretty in the pan or on the plate, but it is absolutely delicious!!!  The recipe is one that Brett's mom gave me when we got married, and I bring it out for Brett's special occasions.
It's chocolatey, creamy and cold.  I have literally been fighting with myself to not just sit down and eat it for lunch today.  We did have a little bit of trouble with the crust this time, but just pop it in the freezer for a few minutes and it should turn out just fine.  It's easy, it's cheap, it's fattening, and it's fantastic!  Try this one next time you are in a hurry and need a dessert!  I also realize that I have only done desserts on here so far, so I will try to post something savory next time.

Chocolate Love
from Carol Lee

Crust:
1 cup flour
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped nuts (we use pecans)

Filling:
1 cup powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 large instant chocolate pudding, prepared
1 large container Cool Whip

For the crust, cut together flour and butter.  Mix in nuts.  Press into a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  Cool.
For the filling, mix sugar and cream cheese in a mixer until smooth.  Spread on crust.  Fold one cup of the Cool Whip into the pudding; spread over cream cheese mixture.  Top with the remaining Cool Whip.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails