Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chips Galore Cookies

And they mean chips galore. I was surprised by how much we could pack in these cookies! They are absolutely delicious. I prefer them straight out of the oven, but they are still good with milk a few days after. I messed with the "chip" proportions on this because I didn't like some of the things, and others I just didn't have enough of, but they turned out wonderfully all the same. I'm sure that you could substitute pretty much anything you wanted to in the chip part of this. These are huge, rich and satisfying cookies that will certainly be making a comeback next holiday season! Enjoy!
Chips Galore Cookies
by Bennet Barlean from Taste of Home Best Loved Cookies and Bars

1 cup butter flavored shortening
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans (I used 1/2 cup)
1 cup milk chocolate chips (I used semisweet and upped it to 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
3/4 cup flaked coconut
2/3 cup vanilla or white chips (I only used about 1/4 cup)

In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails